Friday, March 26, 2010

The Whatnot Shelf

Sometimes it's necessary to review where we've been in order to know where we're going. From time to time, I dust off all the 'stuff' I've stored, take a quick look, toss some, hold some with pride and gently place them back on the shelf. The 'keepers' are reminders of all the wonderful events of my life and the good choices I've made.

I used to 'beat myself up' over decisions I had made or were contemplating, but I've learned that's really counterproductive and extremely detrimental to the progression forward. Even though it feels like life is slapping me in the face from time to time, I have found that ruminating on it, trying to understand the 'why me?' of it, tends to put the brakes on my forward thrust into the future.

For almost a year now, I have struggled with 'what was the right thing to do', 'how much knowledge must I have', etc., to publish the only book I have ever been privileged to write. I've devoured any information that has come to my attention regarding multi media publicity. I've felt as though my finger has been on the "GO" button for months. The time for launch is almost here and I'm faced with having to submit to the world, what I have been considering, imperfect material. This thinking, of course, simply fed old tapes into my upgraded 'computer', my fabulous mind. What? Didn't I just pitch those tapes? Well, heck! If it weren't for you, my friend, I'd still be wallowing in the muck and would not have seen my Whatnot Shelf at all. Thank you.

http://www.waweishampel.com

No comments:

Post a Comment